San Francisco State University, California State University, Fresno
Personal finance, credit and banking, business credit, mortgage, auto and personal loans
Sarah has been a personal finance writer since 2016. Her work has been syndicated by MSN News and Yahoo! News, and she writes for Experian, Student Loan Hero, LendingTree, Credit Karma and more.
In addition to her writing, Sarah promotes financial wellness and literacy through workshops, webinars and counseling.
Sarah has been a financial educator since 2016. Her background includes the following roles:
- Certified Housing Advisor (HUD, Keep Your Home California)
- Certified Credit Counselor and Consumer Interviewer (NFCC)
- Underwriter of mortgages, small businesses and fintech
- Advisor and Workshop Facilitator for Below Market Rate Housing (BMR) Programs from the SF Mayor’s Office
- Consultant at Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center, SF LBGT Center, Homeownership SF and Women’s Initiative for Self Employment
Sarah provides credit coaching services and presents workshops on personal finance and small business. Previous speeches have included Capital 1, Bank of America, LeapFrog, and SF Public Library.
Sarah received her BA in Sociology and a Certificate in Nonprofit Management from the University of California at Fresno. She received her Masters in International Relations from San Francisco State University.