The Executive Committee of the Missouri State University Board of Governors on Wednesday, April 20, approved tuition and fee increases for the 2022-2023 academic year at Missouri State University- West Plains (MSU-WP).
Base in-state tuition will increase by $5 from $136 to $141 per credit hour, a 3.7% increase.
Out-of-state students will pay $282 per credit hour in base tuition for fiscal year 2023. This is an increase of $10 from the $272 per hour rate of credit from last year.
“We understand the impact of tuition increases on our students, and we carefully weigh these impacts when considering the needs of our campus and the costs of maintaining the quality of our programs,” said Chancellor MSU-WP. Dennis Lancaster. “Every year our goal is to keep tuition affordable for our students, but sometimes adjustments are needed to deal with inflationary costs of operations, and this is one of those years.”
Lancaster noted that the increased spending for the campus includes office and custodial supplies, utilities, campus-wide insurance and contributions to the university’s MOSERS pension plan.
Other fee increases
Other fee increases were also approved.
- Dual credit fees will increase from $68 to $70 per credit hour.
- Dual registration fees will increase from $85 to $88 per credit hour.
- Online course fees will increase from $166 to $171 per credit hour.
- Nursing fees will increase from $182 to $187 per credit hour for in-state students and from $364 to $374 for out-of-state students.
- A program fee of $3,000 per semester has been set for students selected to participate in the new Autism Support Can Empower New Directions (ASCEND) program. ASCEND will provide additional support to students who have been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Program fees will be used to help provide necessary support services.
New Housing Fees
Students living at Grizzly House will see their fees increase by 3.5% this year. They will pay a total of $6,500 to live in residence for the fall and spring semesters. Last year they paid $6,278.
Students living in Grizzly Lofts will see a fee increase of less than 1% this year. They will pay a total of $7,000 to live in residence during the fall and spring semesters. Last year they paid $6,950.
Housing costs at both facilities include a 19-meal-a-week plan.
For more information on tuition and fees, contact the Missouri State-West Plains Business Office at 417-255-7260.